Join Us in Oklahoma City for APPA Conference
Pole Attachments – Maximizing Revenue/Benefits from Telephone and Cable Agreements
Join the pole attachment experts from McLean Engineering at the American Public Power Association's Engineering & Operations Technical Conference, April 6-9 in Oklahoma City, Okla.
Michael Ivey and Walter West from McLean Engineering will present a pre-conference seminar onSunday, April 6, from 1:30-5:00 p.m. on Pole Attachments - Maximizing Revenue/Benefits from Telephone and Cable Agreements.
This seminar will address financial and operational measurements to ensure pole attachments are meeting the objectives of all parties: joint users, licensees, electric utilities and their customers. Foreign attachments should not increase costs or create operational or safety challenges for electric utilities and municipalities often do not have the necessary expertise and available staff time to deal with these agreements. This seminar will cover the necessary elements of these agreements from an operational, financial and policy standpoint.
Topics will include:
- Understanding the total cost of attachments
- Reviewing the essential elements of an agreement
- Detailed review of the “request to attach” process
- Detailed review of the “make-ready” process
- How to clean up outstanding attachment issues
- How to minimize future attachment issues
- Michael Ivey, P.E., Senior Engineer, McLean Engineering
- Walter West, Vice President for Analytical Solutions, McLean Engineering
In addition, West and Ivey will lead a breakout session on Pole Attachments on Monday, April 7, from 10:45-noon. Later that day (3:00-4:15), Ivey will also join Glenn Fisher of Edmond, Okla., to co-present a breakout session on System Losses and What They Mean to You. Click here for more details on all these sessions and to register for this conference. We look forward to seeing you in Oklahoma City!